Monday, December 23, 2013

Interview With Erotic Romance Author Berengaria Brown

Joining me today is erotic romance author Berengaria Brown, so sit back and enjoy the interview.

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?  
My father taught me to read when I was very young, and I have always loved reading. One day I had no new books to read. None of my favorite authors had recently released a book and I didn’t feel like re-reading an old favorite. So I sat down and began to write a book. When it was finished, and sent to a publisher, I still didn’t have any new books to read, so I wrote another one, and another one, and another one. The rest, as they say, is history.

How long does it take you to write a book?  
I tend to write novellas, around 20-25,000 words, so about two weeks. But I don’t start writing until I have a clear idea of the characters and what will happen. The thinking process may be lightning quick, or it may take quite a while.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk? 
I travel a lot for the day job so I don’t have a writing space as such. My laptop goes everywhere I go and it’s all I need.

What do you think is the best way of publishing a book these days?  
The awesome news is that finally authors are free to choose. For many years an author sent a book to New York and waited up to two years to find out it had been rejected. And almost 99% were rejected. Then came digital books and epublishers. At that stage it only took a few months for acceptance or rejection and royalties were paid monthly or quarterly instead of annually. Now an author can indi publish her book and each author can choose what is best for her and that particular book. I have print, digital, and audio books, both with epublishers and indi published.

Where do you get your information or ideas for your books? 
Anywhere, everywhere. TV, newspapers, conversations, dreams, wild thoughts….

When did you write your first book?  
I think it was in the fifth grade. It was about best friends called Jenny and Geneveve. Fortunately it’s long ago been put in the trash. My first published book was April 2010, but because I sold books to three different publishers, which were accepted, I had three books release very close together.

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?  
I have 115 published books but some of them are the same book in different formats: digital, print and audio. 
My favorite book is always the one I’m currently writing, because those characters are in my head, demanding I finish their story.

Can you tell me and your readers something about your main characters? 
Andorra, Kingston, and Raleigh were very demanding characters to write. Kingston is incredibly Dominant and powerful. He’s the Alpha of a werewolf pack and the CEO of a flourishing transportation company. Raleigh is his second in command and the one who keeps him grounded and brings him back to reality. But Raleigh is also a Dom.
Andorra is penniless and helpless in their hands, but her spirit is very strong and tough. No matter what happens, she remains undaunted and positive. She sees right through Kingston to the pain and hurt beneath his façade, and she’s the perfect match for these two werewolves.

What do you think makes a good story? What are your favorite book genres in writing and reading? Why?
A good story has compelling characters and a fast-moving plot that drags me along so I can’t wait to find out what happens next. I was a reader for a long time before I became a writer. I read all genres and all heat levels but I like a smooth plot without a TSTL heroine and without weird unbelievable plot twists.

Now check out Berengaria's latest release from Siren Publishing

Andorra Yasbit’s father took off with a blonde bimbo and her stepmother closed their apartment. So Andorra hikes up a mountain and discovers a wonderful hot spring. The only problem is the werewolf who owns it is Master Kingston, who’s used to being pursued by gold digging women. And he has an equally Dominant best friend, Master Raleigh. They don’t believe she’s arrived by accident. 
The two men take Andorra to the dungeon, but instead of being scared Andorra revels in the punishment and orgasms. The men can’t find any evidence Andorra has been lying to them, but Master Kingston can’t bring himself to trust her either. And the more time they spend together, the stronger the attraction between the three of them grows. Kingston is determined to break her and prove she’s deceitful. Raleigh wants to believe her but owes his allegiance to his Alpha. What can Andorra do to demonstrate she’s telling the truth?
You can purchase Naked for Her Two Masters

You can find Berengaria at the following:

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for inviting me here, today, Christina.
    Berengaria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your latest release. I'm like you and love the shorter stories. As we have less and less time, I still want to enjoy books but not put the book down for the night. Rather than have me stay up all night... I read shorter stories!

    ReplyDelete