Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Interview With Debut Author Judy Kentrus


Today I am pleased to have debut author Judy Kentrus on my blog.  Read my interview with her, and then be sure to check out her new book Elusive Obsession.




When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?  
Since high school.  My English teacher said I should pursue a writing career, but I didn’t want to go to college. I married my high school sweetheart instead.
How long does it take you to write a book?  
I can get the first draft written in about three months then I go back and spend another two months editing.  I also spend a few weeks doing research if the storyline includes technical or historical data. 
What would you say is your interesting writing quirk? 
I like to have fun and play tricks on my characters.  Sometimes the reader knows what is going to happen before my hero or heroine.  My chapters usually end with cliffhangers and I love to throw in unexpected twists. 
What do you think is the best way of publishing a book these days?   
More and more authors are turning away from traditional publishing.  I have quite a few rejection letters on my other books.  If self-publishing wasn’t the way to go, my book/s would most likely never see the light of day. I used Marie Force’s e-book formatting fairies.  Their services are top notch and I will use them for future books. 
Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?  
Everywhere!  There are people and places that shout “write about me. I don’t go anywhere without a pad and pen!  I also take pictures on my cell phone when I see an interesting sign, building or location.
When did you write your first book?  
When my daughter was 12 years old, I went to Boston with the Girl Scouts and was surrounded by history.  In the bus on the way home, I started making notes for a historical romance novel.
What do you like to do when you’re not writing?   
Cook and bake and work in my flower garden. My love of cooking and baking shows up in one of the characters in my stories. I post some of the recipes on my website. Michael, a character in my next book, “Maid to Order” is wheelchair bound and loves to bake.
What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?  
At times during story development, my characters take over and lead me in a direction I never planned - basically the characters like to take over and tell the story their way, not mine.
How many books have you written?  
Six- I say the first five were practice.
Which is your favorite?  
The one I just published   
Can you tell me and your readers something about your main characters? 
I create characters that the reader can relate to/with.  They’re not perfect with beautiful bodies, they make mistakes, their not afraid to say I’m sorry, they suffer all human emotions and love with all their heart.
Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say? 

I recently got this message from a reader. (Julie is the main character in the book.)  OMG - What an awesome story!  Love  Love  Love this book.  I read a lot of romance and I don’t often find such relatable characters usually just Duchesses or weak little virgins.  Julie is my new BFF.  I’m desperate to hide from my kids to devour a few more pages!

What do you think makes a good story?
In my opinion, a good story line includes interesting and unusual characters that face a challenge and how they have to deal with it.  The ultimate goal is to find love and happiness.
What are your favorite book genres in writing and reading?
I love all genres, mystery, suspense, romantic suspense, contemporary, espionage and some young adult fiction
Why?  You certainly can’t get bored reading the same thing over and over again if you vary your reading genre.
Who are you favorite authors to read?  
Nora Roberts, J.D. Robb, J.T. Ellison, Allison Brennan, Cindy Gerard, Connie Shelton, Marie Force, Rick Riordan, Clive Cussler

Now A Little About Judy's New Book
Julie Keaton is an attractive widow raising two children on her own.  She’s content and proud of what she’s been able to provide for her children. She’s never accepted the circumstances behind her husband’s death.  Was it a tragic accident or was he killed because he knew too much.

Fate steps and changes her life in ways she never imagined when Julie’s sister asks her for a last minute favor. Mardi owns a party specialty and catering business.  Her neighbor is having a birthday party for her 85 year old father.  Julie is to pop out of a birthday cake, do a little bump and grind and faux strip tease.  It’s an easy $200.00 for a half hour’s work.

Julie’s favor turns into a nightmare when the banquet staff delivers the cake to the wrong party.  The birthday boy is no geriatric senior citizen, but a virile, handsome male no older than 35.

Scott Landis was losing interest in his surprise birthday party.  His boredom is cut short when his special birthday gift arrives in the form of a sexy blond stripper.  It had been a long time since he felt this instant attraction to a woman, especially a female who makes her living entertaining men.  When he gets hit in the face with a lacy red garter he decides its time to have a little fun and wonders how much she would charge to celebrate his birthday in a more private setting.

Does she have your attention?  Grab a copy of Elusive Obsession



Where To Find Judy:







No comments:

Post a Comment