Thursday, August 22, 2013

Fall Is Almost Here


Don't get me wrong I enjoy the summer and all the wonderful summer time activities. Still I was excited to see the start of colorful leaves on the trees this morning because that means fall is just around the corner.  And in my opinion there is nothing better than fall in New England.  Fall is my favorite season for many reasons.  Perhaps the first reason is because of all the fabulous colors that decorate the trees.  At least here in New England, the trees feature vibrant shades of red, orange, and yellow.  All the traditions associated with this season also make this my favorite time of year.  Every year since my husband and I started dating we have gone apple picking. Once the girls were born we started taking them as well.  Fall is also when we here in the United States celebrate Thanksgiving. A distinctly American holiday and something everyone celebrates regardless of where they live or what religion they practice. Of course Fall is special to me because it is when my husband and I got married. On November 10 will mark our 12th anniversary. Finally, there is the food.  I love apple crisp, made with extra crisp and fresh picked apples, and pumpkin bread.

So what about you?  What do you love about the fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment